Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last week of the year! Time to look forward!

2011 was a terrible year: almost bankrupted with my company and my health.....

I hope you haven't forgot me, and forgive me for the long time I wasn't here.

This is the last week of 2011 and I'm looking forward, not looking back. That's the only way to keep going.
We had a great Christmas time with the family this year! And my girls are doing great... I love them so much.

Dorine (8 years) on the left and Emma (10 years) on the right



I've started stitching again and finished a couple of little christmas projects:




This week I'm not working, so I made the first stitches again on Elizabeth Minnich's Decorated Towel:
Row 3


I'm stitching row 4 right now.

My plans for 2012 is spending a lot of time with family and friends; blogging at least ones a week, stitching a lot, and....
I'm going to start my own designing company. This is something that I wanted to do for many years and I think I have to do it now and don't wait any longer. Why should I?
Life is to short, isn't it?!

Do you have plans for 2012? I'd like to hear them very much!

This is it for today. So till next time... lots of hugs!

5 comments:

Carin said...

Wat geweldig om weer iets van je te horen (lezen). Wat zonde dat het zo slecht ging met je bedrijf. De economie wordt er niet beter op, het is gewoon treurig als je steeds maar weer al die berichten leest of hoort op het journaal. wat ik wel prachtig vind is dat je weer een bedrijf begint met ontwerpen... wat voor ontwerpen als ik vragen mag?
je borduurtjes zijn weer prachtig en dat project van je waarmee je nu bezig bent, die handdoek, kende ik niet en het is schitterend !!

Carin said...

Hoi Carin,
Ik heb het bedrijf gelukkig nog steeds, ben een vechter!
Het gaan borduurontwerpen worden; ik had er nog een paar in "stock". Deze ga ik maken etc.etc. De naam van het bedrijf heb ik ook al langer, maar dat hoor je terzijnertijd wel.
Ik wilde het gewoon gaan doen: iets wat ik heel leuk vind om te doen, ipv alleen maar met cijfertjes bezig te zijn.

Jan said...

So good to see your post, Carin!!! The picture of the girls is lovely, you must be so proud of them both.

Love your stitching and the best of everything good for you in your plans to start your own design company!!

Carin said...

Ohhh ik kan niet wachten tot je met je eigen borduurpatronen komt !!!
Enne mocht je eens vast zitten met tijd en zoek je iemand om mee te borduren ... dan mag je altijd een beroep op me doen. Ik heb al voor verschillende personen modelwerk gemaakt :-) De laatste paar die ik gemaakt heb staan op mijn blog
http://cazwa.blogspot.com/search/label/Modelstitching

acereta said...

Hi, Carin,
For me the 2011 was very difficult as well, I don't live with my husband for half a year already.... (for very serious reasons), but I managed to travel a lot in Europe.
Hope really the next year will be better for all of us.